Reporting directly to the Director of Rehab, this registered and technically savvy individual delivers the best possible service by providing coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements and evaluates patient care plans to restore and maintain patient well being. Plans, organizes and conducts physical therapy treatment program bases on the medical referral and their evaluation. Also collaborates with interdisciplinary and patient care teams.
Perform clinical assessment; identify patient needs and appropriateness of patient. Document, prepare and complete a Plan of Care (POC), progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revise POC based on evaluation, ongoing assessment data. Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients needs and desires. Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating and performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease. Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients. Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular, neurological and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment. Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency and licensing board. Assist and instruct patient and family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instruct on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchair, canes, etc. in a safe manner. Utilize appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs. Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies. Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to use discretion concerning sensitive information and adhere to HIPAA. Caring and compassionate attitude. Ability to work on own initiative within clearly defined parameters. Ability to carry out designated tasks including reporting outcome of actions taken. Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy and appropriate licenses and certifications.
- 2+ years of experience in home health care industry.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications for communicating with field staff.
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.