Reporting directly to the Director of Rehab, this compassionate, licensed and technically savvy individual delivers the best possible service by providing coordinated roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psycho-social and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits response and collaborates with interdisciplinary and patient care teams.
- Perform clinical assessment; identifies patient needs and appropriateness of patient.
- Document, prepare/revise and completes a Plan of Care (POC), progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Utilize evidence-based pathways to optimize care.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating and performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of diseases.
- Assess and facilitate through direct therapeutic intervention patients’ ROM, strength, coordination, need for and use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and safety issues as related to patients’ ADL performance needs. Fabricate and maintain adaptive equipment and hand splints.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills; facilitate the use of these skills by other team members to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Evaluate patient occupational performance in the areas of self-care, work, leisure and rest.
- Assess sensory-motor neuromuscular, psycho-social and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior.
- Assess physical, social and cultural components of the patients’ occupational environment.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.
Soft Skill Requirements
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to use discretion concerning sensitive information and adhere to HIPAA.Caring and compassionate attitudeAbility to work on own initiative within clearly defined parameters. Ability to carry out designated tasks including reporting outcome of actions taken. Good organizational and time-management skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy
- 2+ years of experience in home health care industry
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications for communicating with field staff
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills